Cape Town’s Triangle Project – which celebrated its 25th year in 2006 – is not only the oldest LGBT service organisation in South Africa, but also the oldest on the African continent. Its current Director Dawn Betteridge, is emigrating and the organisation is on the lookout for a candidate to take the post.
Triangle says that it is seeking a director who can strategically lead it through the next phase of growth and development. The organisation is seeking candidates who have:
- Previous experience on director level, or at a minimum senior management level in a larger organisation, within the NPO sector, at minimum 3 years in duration;
- Proven HR and OD related management experience, including policy development, and proven ability to manage a diverse team within a South African context;
- Proven financial management experience at an organisational level;
- Proven experience in resource mobilization including donor relations, proposal writing and reporting, and proven ability to generate income for an organisation;
- As a minimum previous experience at management level in sexuality, gender, and/or HIV fields, and preferably previous experience in LGBT programmes, or in partnership with LGBT organisations.
The closing date for applications is 17h00 on the 22 January 2007.
Please include full details of three contactable work-related references, specifying your relationship with each. A covering letter, explaining your suitability for the post, is expected. Do not forward any copies of certificates or letters with your application. Applications that do not follow these requirements will not be considered. An affirmative action candidate is preferred, and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications can be sent by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), facsimile (021 448 4089) or mail (PO Box 13935, Mowbray, 7705) for the attention of The Director: Application for position, Director.