The Gay & Lesbian Network is a young and dynamic NGO working towards creating positive change in the wellbeing of the LGBTI community in Pietermaritzburg and the KZN Midlands.
The organisation is seeking a highly skilled person for the position of Training Coordinator to join its dedicated team.
- Development, coordination and implementation of the Network’s training programmes
- Raising awareness and extending the reach of the training
- Resource material development
- Identify key strategic external stakeholders who could benefit from the training
- Co-ordinate, train and mentor volunteer trainers and facilitators
- A relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent
- Two years working experience in training and facilitation
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of the NGO sector and experience working with young people and HIV/AIDS issues an advantage
- Commitment to the LGBTI sector
- Ability to work well under pressure and within a small team environment
- Curriculum and materials development skills and knowledge of the SAQA accreditation process and added advantage
- Ability to network with key external partners in mainstreaming the Network’s programmes
- Computer literate
- Proficiency in English and Zulu preferred
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com or fax no 086 508 2203 and include the names and contact details of three traceable references.
Closing date: 30 May 2008