The seventh season of Strictly Come Dancing South Africa kicks off this July and will boast a selection of eye-pleasing male stars on the dance-floor.
With ten scintillating celebrities, ten of the country’s top Latin and Samba dancers, a refurbished set and a live studio audience, the dance competition is set to reignite TV viewers’ fascination with all things dancing.
The show will air on SABC 3 on Fridays at 8pm from 18 July, and also features two new presenters.
Last season’s Pabi Maloi and Marc Lottering are out and TV personality Roxy Burger and Expresso’s Katlego Maboe are in to now host the competition. The weekly Results Shows will be on Saturdays after the 7pm news.
The five male celebrities competing this season are:
• Top Billing presenter, Mambaonline Sexiest Male Celeb Survey 2012 runner-up and bona fide sex symbol Jonathan Boynton-Lee.
• Donovan Goliath, who is making a name for himself as a stand up comedian on stages and festivals across the country.
• Gorgeous former Isidingo star, Ashish Gangapersad, who broke new ground by playing the gay character of Prada on the popular soapie.
• Cheeky comedian and actor Siv Ngesi, best known for his acclaimed one-man comedy show Dekaf. He seems to have quite the body on him.
• Rugged and handsome retired Blue Bulls rugby star John Mametsa, who boasts Currie Cup medals, Super 14 caps and 64 career tries.
As for the female celebrity contestants, you can expect TV presenter Boity Thulo, tabloid queen Khanyi Mbau, pop singer/songwriter LeAnne Dlamini, actress Leandi du Randt and motorbike racer Janine Davies.
Don’t miss Strictly Come Dancing on SABC 3 every Friday at 8pm from 18 July.