For the relationship-minded gay single, trying to find a personals site with a focus on healthy coupling for long-term partnership success can be a frustrating process…
It can be pretty challenging trying to locate and meet compatible dating partners that mesh with your personality, value system, and attraction needs. These difficulties can be compounded for gay singles. It’s not that easy to differentiate who is straight or gay at the local supermarket, let alone who is single and available. Or what if you’re not into the gay bar scene?
What if you don’t have access to a gay community because you live in a rural area or if your lifestyle doesn’t place you in situations where you would have much exposure to other gay singles? It’s tough! Thankfully, the advent of the Internet has given singles yet another venue to access each other with the presence of personals and matchmaking sites. These are all not created equal, however!
For the relationship-minded gay single, trying to find a personals site that promotes honesty and integrity with a focus on healthy coupling for long-term partnership success can be a frustrating process when you trudge through the maze of sites that exist now that seem to only cater to recreational sex and “cruising” despite their initial claims of being relationship-oriented.
You’ve made a personal investment in your membership with a personals site that hopefully will yield many positive experiences and rewards in your quest for a compatible dating partner and in enjoying a rich and fulfilling single life. Here are some of the top benefits that having a personals ad can bring to your dating pursuits:
- Having a personals ad and matchmaking system in place is advantageous from the standpoint of having access to many different kinds of people who you may not have ever been able to cross paths with without it.
- You know you’re in a place where there are other singles who are available and relationship-minded. This saves considerable time and frustration from being positioned in other dating venues where you’re uncertain of the sexual orientation and relationship status of the crowd you’re in.
- You have the control and ability to weed out those individuals who would be inappropriate matches for you and can attract those similar to your ideal partner and relationship type by virtue of your stated desires and preferences, as well as by what you reveal about yourself in your profile.
This is a golden opportunity to save lots of time and energy that is ordinarily expended in random dating settings by being true to yourself and specific of your personal requirements in your profile and specifications for the matching system. You can even let your personality shine through in how you creatively express these needs.
- Before ever getting together with a dating prospect for a first face-to-face meeting, you have the chance to get to know someone of interest well in advance of taking that vulnerable and awkward first step of meeting him or her in person, which feels risky to many people.
Here, you get a lot of upfront information about their demographics, personality style, and interests and you also have some time to correspond through email or telephone to really ensure there is a potential spark and compatibility to explore further and to assess the person’s character and mindset through this process.
Traditional dating settings don’t offer this gradual “pacing” mechanism to help build a bond first and let things evolve as they may. The screening process can be fast and efficient.
While a personals site and ad can be a great resource along your dating journey, it’s also important to take responsibility for your own dating life. Too much reliance on one strategy or dating venue can limit opportunities for success and those who expand their search for love across a spectrum of various settings and venues that speak to their hobbies, interests, and philosophies of life increase their odds for achieving their vision.
What are some ways that you can increase your odds of dating success? Consider the following:
- What are some additional venues where you might be able to meet other compatible gay singles that are in alignment with your personality, interests, values, and passions?
- How can you maximise your chances of meeting an “ideal match” from your personals ad? How can you clearly define your needs and desires in your profile so that it attracts those with comparable preferences and really stand out and draw the intrigue from others using your unique personality and charm?
Begin to keep a “Dating Journal” where you can answer such questions and log your thoughts and feelings about the experiences you have throughout you dating quest. This can be an invaluable tool for self-awareness and tracking your progress in learning about who you are and what your likes and dislikes are through each successive contact you have.
Begin exploring these factors and make sure to capitalise on the benefits of what you’re doing to accomplish your goals for dating and romance. Identify your personal assets of what you “bring to the table” and affirm yourself for having taken a movement and momentum forward in creating change and attempting another channel for meeting your dating needs. Cheers and all the best on your path!