Durban City Hall
The KZNPride organisation is offering an opportunity for members of the LGBTI community to learn basic lay counselling skills in order to provide support to other LGBTI people.
The course will allow participants from KwaZulu-Natal to develop life skills and at the same time, create safe spaces for their LGBTI communities.
Through this course, they will be able to establish support groups, improve the well-being of LGBTI persons, and improve their own self-esteem.
Thanks to the support of the National Lottery Commission, KZNPride will offer the short course on basic community lay counselling over the next year to 100 counsellors in different parts of KwaZulu-Natal.
The following are the requirements for those interested in participating in the training:
· People with experience in the LGBTI community that includes parents
· People with experience or resources in schools for anti-bullying campaigns
· 3 days long (must commit to completing the course)
· Only residents in the KwaZulu-Natal area
· Accommodation, travelling and training fees all covered
· First deadline is 15 August and the second deadline for application is 30 November
Please complete the application form (download it here) and send it and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call or WhatsApp 064 058 4058 for more information.
KZNPride is registered as a Non-Profit Company (NPC) that aims to promote an inclusive KwaZulu-Natal Pride event that stands against discrimination and violence towards LGBTI+ people.