Pretoria-based LGBT health and mental health services organisation OUT is looking for a Project Coordinator. The position is based in Pretoria and is on a 12 month renewable contract.
OUT-Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transgender (LGBT) Well-being is a progressive Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) working towards ensuring the rights of LGBT people, and is based in Pretoria/Tshwane.
OUT provides direct health and mental health services and programmes, conducts research and implements mainstreaming and advocacy programmes. OUT is currently running a PLAY SAFE CAMPAIGN (in conjunction with the MRC). The aim of the campaign is to address the links between substance use and abuse and HIV transmission among men-who-have-sex-with-men (MSM).
Activities include club work (to create awareness around the campaign) and site work (where voluntary counselling and testing, risk reduction counselling, and referral and follow-ups are provided). The campaign is currently being run in Pretoria, Joburg, Mamelodi and will expand into the Limpopo at the end of the year. OUT seeks a dynamic Sexual Health Project Coordinator to initiate, develop, coordinate, implement and monitor the project. The Project Coordinator will work closely with the OUT Sexual Health Manager.
- Be able to initiate, develop, coordinate, implement, and monitor project/campaign activities;
- Maintain contact with partner organizations and the funder;
- Organise and attend project team meetings;
- Analyse and report on project outputs;
- Monitor and report on financial expenditure;
- Organise and attend meetings with stakeholders.
- Good knowledge, and extensive experience, in coordinating HIV/STI/AIDS programmes, in collaboration with target groups, networks and partner organisations;
- Good knowledge of issues facing Gay and Bisexual communities;
- Good knowledge of substance use and abuse patterns in the South African context;
- As a minimum an undergraduate degree in the social sciences field or equivalent;
- Abilities in the following domains:
- Good writing skills;
- Good command of English;
- Be an analytical thinker;
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team and to work with and coordinate people from diverse backgrounds;
- Good computer skills (eg: excel, word, powerpoint, outlook);
- Be able to work independently and with a professional work ethic;
- Ability to contribute to decision-making regarding programme development and execution;
- Ability to systematically document developments and its impact;
Total Cost to Company is in the region of R 200 000 per annum. Applications, with three contactable references, should be faxed to 012-3446501, e-mailed to email@example.com or posted to PO Box 26197, Arcadia, 0007. Closing date for applications is 12 noon, 30 May 2008.