WQMD – Queer Rejection & Disownment
We’re Queer my Dear (WQMD), the acclaimed, informative, and empowering LGBTIQA+ online web series returns for its third season.
In the first episode, the team meet Nompumelelo Matiso, a psychologist specialising in queer communities and research on rejection and disownment.
Where does one go when facing these challenges? We look at where to seek advice to avoid becoming another statistic when life pushes us a bit too hard!
WQMD was created by top South African drag artist, activist, performer and entrepreneur Shenay O’Brien (Producer) and Jennis Williamson (Director) in 2019 and is presented on MambaOnline.com – South Africa’s leading LGBTQ news platform.
The show is hosted by a proudly LGBTIQA+ trio: Shenay, of course; actor, presenter, beatboxer and activist, Tina Redman; and entrepreneur, designer, and brand developer, Jodi Deerling.
For the 2022 edition, Shenay, Tina and Jodi get more personal, debate new thought-provoking topics and welcome an array of guests who offer their perspectives and experiences to viewers.
Watch Season 3 Ep 1 below.
- Watch Season 3 Ep 1: Queer Rejection & Disownment
- Watch Season 3 Ep 2: Queer Representation in the Media
- Watch Season 3 Ep 3: The Team Gets Personal!
- Watch Season 3 Ep 4: Queer Physical & Mental Health
- Watch Season 3 Ep 5: Are Queer Pageants Still Relevant in SA?
- Watch Season 3 Ep 6: Navigating What it Means to be Intersex
- Watch Season 3 Ep 7: Dr Beverley Ditsie: A South African Queer Icon
- Watch Season 3 Ep 8: Experiences, Stories and Evolution of SA Drag Culture
- Watch Season 3 Ep 9: Pronouns, Identities, Expressions and You
- Watch Season 3 Ep 10: Season 3 Best of, Highlights and Recap
Leave a Reply